I keep trying to write and it's not coming out.
I want to write about him.
Want to be able to express what I feel in words.
And I can't.
And I know why I can't.
It's because I can't let go.
I don't want to let go.
I don't want to say goodbye.
Not yet. And I really don't have to. But I know. I know what I should do. For my own damn good. But I don't care if it's for my own good or not. I just want. want want want. Want time to be kinder. Want to steal time. Want to really get to know him before I let go. I am not ready to let go and yet I have to be. C'est la vie and I can't do anything about it. BUT
To answer my title question, yes he did.
He held my face in his hands. Many, many times, countless times. Just such vibrant memories of it, of him doing it. And knowing that is all I'll have now.
Just memories, turning bittersweet in time as the pain kicks in.
It was crazy. Insanely different, fast, just wow. Took my breath away. I didn't realized how it could be.
But it just was. It was just being.
Being me. Being him. Being together.
And now we will just be. Be us. Be apart. Back to being not together. Back to him being just him. And I'll just be me. It'll be just me.
but like the song lyric echoes in my mind, "yeah you're better off for leaving. You're better off for leaving..."
It's my mantra. What I keep telling myself. That he is better off for leaving. Not because I want him to but he is. He'll be a better person without me, he'll be able to find that person meant just for him. I would have ruined it anyway. It's better this way.
And if it's not one song, it's another which haunts me. Acoustic version of it right now, I can't stand the angry original one right now.
"If I'm strong enough, I will give you up, and if I stay away, you'll find the girl who'll make you great. A girl who will make you great. A girl more like you."
Who won't be me.
"So why did you have to go and pick me when you knew we were different completely?"
It just all comes back full circle, doesn't it?
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Will he hold your tiny face in your hands?
Labels:
exboyfriend,
exgirlfriend,
happiness is a warm gun,
heartbreak,
life,
lonely,
lost,
love,
lust,
motorcycles,
reality,
regret,
relationship,
truth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment