Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Down to Zero

It always happens like this. When I come back from a trip that I went by myself or someplace I stayed for more than a weekend, I feel like I come back to a second chance to my life. The possibilities I see are endless, & I want to changed it as much as I can to be able to live the best type of life I can. Even though many would argue that I'm doing really good for myself, better than most, ms.university student here with an obsession to reading & writing, and being there for her friends.

But when I come back, I just want to stop saying "tomorrow", & actually do it today.

I come back breathing a new outlook on my own life, & i'm happy with it, but I'm happier for the fact that this is my life, & those changes that I've been putting off, that mellowness, that depression that I fall into sometimes, that courage that I hid behind, they tend to melt away when I see what I can do & I can do so much. So much more. I know I have potential to be the happiest person I can be & right now I'm almost there.

Just a few things to change, but now instead of saying, tomorrow I'll organized that or planned that outing, or later I'll have time to write, or after this meal, it'll be about portion control so that I can work on my needs work.

But now, I actually want to do those things today.

This is why I love traveling, I come back motivated. Inspired. Loved. & fall in love all over again, with the beauty of my life, and appreciate it that much more.

I'm always telling my friends that are less than optimistic that it isn't about the future, like we're waiting for it to drop down one day & announce itself. It's about the choices that we make today that create our future. I preach it but I don't practice it but I'm starting to now because:

It's not about tomorrow, it's about today.

1 comment: