Some lyrics just echo your own truth back at you.
& You can relate more to that music than when anyone else says, "I understand. I know where you're coming from. I can relate to that."
& you just listen to those songs on repeat and let your own truth seep further into yourself and bury yourself into the isolation of what it is like to be that lyric. & how sometimes you just want to bombard the other person who is to blame for your relating to that song with the lyrics, hoping that they'll understand. That if only they could relate to you when you became that lyric, that every thing will be alright if they could understand that song, those lyrics, because those lyrics became you, you when you are thinking of them.
The killer part is that those lyrics that become you are your favorite songs. Played on repeat, and hold that special place in your music library. But no one else seems to get. Maybe some people closed to you know about them, but most people would think it's just another song.
It's not just another song. & the ones we can relate to, come up again and again, became versatile and applying to ourselves even when we are referring to someone else. The band's original intention lost on you because you made the lyrics reflect your own personal truth.
I said once that music is love. It is. But Music is Life itself.
Is this more than you bargained for yet? I've been dying to tell you anything that you want to hear, because that's just who I am this week... (For now, actually for once in a long time, I know exactly what, really who I want :/
Isn't it messed up how I'm just dying to be her {my meaning by "her" is to be your next girl.)
I'm just a notch on your bedpost, and you're just a line in a song.
I'll be your number one with a bullet.
& by next week, I will be writing about someone else.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment